Ready to learn more about Cauliflower and try out a new recipe?
CauliflowerHOW TO STORE CAULIFLOWER
- Refrigerate raw, whole cauliflower in a plastics bag, leaving it unwashed until right before you use it. Store it stem side down to prevent any moisture from pooling around the edible bits. It should keep for about a week.
In a 1 cup serving:
- Calories: 27
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g, 8% of Daily Value (DV)
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Fat: 0.3 g
- 77% DV of Vitamin C: A water-soluble vitamin that acts as an antioxidant to fight against potentially damaging free radicals (molecules with unshared electrons that float around wreaking havoc) and an important cofactor in collagen synthesis.
- 20% Dv of Vitamin K: A fat-soluble vitamin that allows for activation of enzymes in the clotting cascade, which is responsible for blood clotting. Also builds bone by modifying osteocalcin so that it may bind calcium, thus building the bone matrix.
- 14% DV of Folate (Vitamin B9): A water-soluble vitamin that helps make DNA & RNA and metabolize amino acids.
- 10% DV of Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): A water-soluble vitamin that works behind the scenes as a coenzyme in many important reactions within your body, including protein metabolism and red blood cell formation, among countless other functions.
SOME DELICIOUS WAYS TO EAT CAULIFLOWER:
1. Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower from Garlic + Zest
2. General Tso’s Cauliflower from Pinch of Yum
3. Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous from Autoimmune Wellness
4. Sticky Sesame Cauliflower from Jessica in the Kitchen
5. Thai Coconut Cauliflower Soup from The Endless Meal
If you try out one of these recipes, or come up with your own, make sure to take a picture and tag us on social media at #acmefarmsandkitchen or #acmekids and you could win a $25 gift certificate this week!